This dessert was the perfect conclusion to a lazy Sunday lunch this week with visiting friends. Pushed for time, I assembled this the day before and left to set overnight. A brilliant use for the tasty and unusual cloudberry jam we brought back from our recent trip to Helsinki.
- 100g ginger snaps, ground to a crumb
- 50g whole almonds, ground to a crumb
- 70 g butter, melted
- 540g light cream cheese
- 60 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 ml double cream, lightly whipped
- 4 tbsp cloudberry jam
- cold water
1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan then add the ginger snaps and almonds. Stir to combine well.
2. Spoon the biscuit mixture into a 20cm spring-form cake tin lined with baking parchment. Press down, level off and bake in a 170°c oven for five minutes. Leave to cool.
3. Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract until well mixed. Fold in the double cream until thoroughly combined.
5. Spoon the cream mixture over the chilled biscuit base, making sure that there are no air bubbles. Smooth the top of the cheesecake until level.
6. Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for 1 hour until set.
7. Heat the jam and 2tbsp cold water in a small sauce pan and reduce until you have a runny syrup texture. Once cool, spread gently to cover the surface of the cheesecake. Return to the fridge to set.